Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Addicted

Like Whitney Houston and crack, I can't start my day without Starbucks coffee -- specifically, a venti bold roast from the Starbucks at the Target shopping center, but not the one in the Target.

Through extensive research, I have found the abovementioned Starbucks to be the best. The coffee is always hot and strong and the cups never ever leak.

I drove an alternate route to work today. Rather than stop at the bad Starbucks with the drive-up window, I stopped at Panera. I love Panera's bagels, soups, breads, salads; the coffee is okay. But, as with Whitney and her crack, I crave a lot of coffee and Panera does not provide a big enough serving.

To make it through the morning, I ordered a large coffee and a small coffee. Walking into work, I saw my reflection in a window. I was drinking two cups of coffee at once. I looked disheveled as I struggled to carry all of my stuff while holding my two cups of coffee.

I thought, this is what addiction looks like. I wonder if Whitney felt the same about her pictures plastered in The Sun?

Did I mention that I also have an addiction to celebrity gossip?

5 Comments:

Blogger Mir said...

Dude. Double fisting the coffee... I knew it was bad, but this?

I'm off to plan an intervention.

3:59 PM  
Blogger sweetassgrandma said...

Whitney and I don't need rehab. We've accepted our additions and we're embracing them.

BTW, I saw how many calories Panera's bagels, sandwiches and soups have. I may not eat there ever again, unless I have about 1,000 calories to spare.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Mir said...

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt missy!

Although, if my chocolate and cheese consumption are any indication, I've got a lovely houseboat next door to you.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Cryptobadger said...

I've never drunk coffee. What's it like?

As for addictions, I'm not allowed to be alone in a room with a bag of gummyworms for more than 15 seconds.

Bad things.

Bad, bad things.

2:24 PM  
Blogger youngblueyes said...

i side with mir on the chocolate and cheese thing. if only they were both a part of some magical diet...

i would be as skinny as little ten-mile-at-a-time running gleason!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home