Thursday, January 05, 2006

New Year, New Resolutions

Most people struggle and ultimately fail at resolutions. Not me. Each year I resolve to do things that I can easily achieve. Year after year, I decide that I won't start smoking; I won't eat carrots; and I'll refuse to eat mayonnaise on sandwiches.

But, this year I've decided to make a real resolution or two.

1. I'm going to get my passport. I haven't traveled out of the country since 2000. At that time, I went to Bermuda. I entered the country with a birth certificate and drivers license that didn't have matching names or dates. Since 9/11, that mode of entering countries doesn't work. So, I'm determined to get a new birth certificate with the correct spelling of my name, a new drivers license with my correct birth date and, eventually, a passport.

2. I'm going to travel to a new country or state -- the state is a back up in case I don't get my passport until the end of the year. Every year, I go to the same old places and do the same old things... This is relaxing and enjoyable, but I've decided I need to venture out of my traveling comfort zone and see some new sights.

These new resolutions seem somewhat simple and I think I can keep them. As a back up, I will continue to resolve my usual things -- no smoking, carrots or mayo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home