Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Days of our Lies

Ever since TiVo entered our house, I have recorded my favorite soap, "Days of our Lives." Every night after work, I curl up on the couch with the dogs and dive into this ridiculous indulgence. I've been with the show on and off for 30 of its 40 years. However, in soap star fashion, I may develop amnesia and forget to watch it.

Here's my problem: Roman is Roman. He's not Alex North. And, these flashbacks of the wonderful wedding between Roman and Marlena are just that -- the wedding of Roman and Marlena, not Alex North and Marlena.

Since I'm ranting, Chris Kosichek is not Roman. He's a bartender at Shenanigan's who, I believe, eventually became a lawyer...Maybe around 1987?

I can accept the fact that Belle's pregnancy only lasted three months. I can accept that Abby turned into a teenager overnight. I can accept that Brady went to baseball camp and came back an angry adult. I can even accept that just about everyone on the show has come back from the dead -- sometimes multiple times. But I can't accept the show rewriting history.

Does Ken Corday think that the rest of us, like Marlena, have amnesia? Hey, Mr. Corday, my mom has a copy of the book "25 Years of Days of our Lives." I can have her reference it anytime.

There better be some devil-possessing, Stephano-finagling thing going on that is causing everyone to forget themselves. Roman better turn out to be Roman. Chris Kosichek better turn out to be himself. And, bring back Shenanigan's for goodness sake; Alice's doesn't compare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home