Monday, November 21, 2005

Wild about Harry. Riled about Dobson.

I love Harry Potter. The fourth book, "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," is probably my favorite. I love that the kids are growing up, and that the storylines are growing with them.

Last night, Sorta Runner and I went to see the latest movie. We both found it enjoyable, a little slow at the end, but beautiful to watch.

While catching up on the latest news at HuffPo, my eyes darted straight to an article entitled, "Radical Right Warns Harry Potter Film is Dark Sided." I immediately had to click on it, even though the extreme right has preached against the series since it began.

The review, which is from the fine folks at Focus on the Family, seemed dead on in the beginning, accurately portraying the events of the movie... I thought HuffPo linked the wrong story. Then I read about the so-called "Sexual Content," "Violent Content," "Use of Profanity" and "Other Negative Elements," all topped off with "The Conclusion."

To read the review, go to www.huffingtonpost.com.

Personally, I find the books and movies exhibit strong values and morals. Harry fights evil, works hard, questions authority and ultimately makes the right decisions. But, he's not perfect, which makes the books seem human and real, despite the fantasy. Those who read the books get to broaden their imaginations and slip into an imaginary world that's safe, exciting and entertaining.

I feel as though Dr. James Dobson has put his followers under the Imperius Curse. I hope the nation can be as strong and moral as Harry when he issues the Avada Kadavra on everything that's not pro-Focus on the Family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home