Saturday, November 26, 2005

A Big "Thank You" for Discovery Channel

Thank goodness for the Discovery Channel's It Takes A Thief. Without this show, I don't think I would have known how to break into the home where I dog sit.

I locked myself out for a second time, again in pajamas and with a dog. I asked myself, "What would Matt Johnston do?" Johnston serves as the thief on Thief. Typically, his first action: look for weak points on the house.

First, I checked all the doors. No luck. I actually locked them this time. Second, windows. The deck windows were easily accessible and located in a dark spot on the house, which faces the woods. On the deck, I found a window with a loose screen. Bingo! My entry point.

I pulled out the screen, but still had no idea if the window was unlocked. I was in luck. After pushing up on the glass, the window opened and I was in.

Who knew that breaking into a house was so easy?

I was so relieved that I got into the house. Then, I was nervous because I got into the house. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Once the dog and I were in the house, I locked all the doors and windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home