Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Damn the Wind; Damn the Local News

I didn't sleep at all last night due to crazy loud wind whirling around my house. I dragged myself downstairs this morning to find the garbage cans in the yard, my bike on its side and a few shingles no longer on the roof. I was surprised not to find a bunch of little people, a yellow brick road and a dead witch.

This was some serious wind. It must be causing downed trees and powerlines, I thought. So, I rushed in the house and turned on the local news to find out what the heck was going on.

But, there was nothing going on -- only a mention that it might be breezy.

BREEZY! I picked up the phone ready to call the local news station to give 'em the what for. Shouldn't they be warning of the apocalypse with wind like that?

Then, I paused to remember all the crazies that used to call me during the wee hours of the morning about everything I was missing, weather and otherwise.

I put the phone down and gave thanks that I no longer work for a crappy local TV station.

1 Comments:

Blogger sweetassgrandma said...

I like the way you operate... I usually just ignore them all together and sing the praises of the competition.

Ahhh, the big 3... Almost as inappropriate as saying "i can't say bennershawn dial 1-0-2" at a memorial service.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home